My friend at Life is a Bowl of Kibble nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award this week. I’m honored and I’m game.
As a newly crowned VB, I have four primary responsibilities to fulfill.
I. Thank the person who nominated you:
II. Share seven random facts about yourself:
- Part of my skull is missing due to an injury sustained in a car accident when I was 15. I literally have a hole in my head.
- My word for pizza crusts is shells, effectively grouping them with pasta. It’s a family thing.
- I quickly memorize song lyrics, a characteristic my son also exhibits. Makes my husband’s head spin. His revenge is that he can actually sing.
- When as a child I got a bike instead of a horse, I named it Cindy. Of course you already knew that.
- I don’t drink coffee, but I like the way it smells.
- The Collapse Free app is my obsession. Ridiculous, I know. Currently, I occupy five of the 10 spots on the high scores list.
- I take my grits with a touch of sugar, she admits as all the good Southerners groan.
III. Pass this award on to five (or six) new blogging friends:
The operative word here is new. I chose to interpret this as folks I didn’t about know before blogging, haven’t linked to previously, and haven’t yet added to my blogroll (aka the social network, see right sidebar). No hurt feelings, I hope. New or old, one is silver, the other gold.
- Nothing to Read Here is a writer’s blog about writing. The author, taureanw, endeared me with posts questioning what it’s like to write, what he fears, and what success is.
- Southern Belle View is a composite blog written by four belles who also happen to be published authors. I found it when Corey of I Like My Bike fame introduced me via Facebook to one of the belles, Beth Webb Hart. SBV feels like home and is a pleasure to read.
- And Cuisine for All is a cooking blog. The finest ingredient is the author Chef Nusy. Following the bloodless revolution, she immigrated from Hungary and now proudly lives, cooks, dreams, and blogs in America.
- Stuff Christians Like by Jon Acuff is a must-read if you are of the Christian persuasion. From sitting in the pew beside people with nice singing voices to composing posts in his head during the sermon to imagining worship eagles that gently pluck crying children out of the service, JA tells it like it is.
- A Peaceful Heart is a photography blog I discovered when it was Freshly Pressed. Miki the photographer is from the U.K. and her pictures are simply to die for. Elegant, crisp, exquisite, visual joy.
- My Parents Are Crazier Than Yours is my guilty pleasure. Myra and I are the same age. That would appear to be all we have in common on the outside. But oh, how I find myself relating to her. She taps humor and emotion and writes it well. Very well.
IV. Contact and congratulate the awarded bloggers: Check.
Hope you get some kicks from these new clicks and enjoy them as much as I do.
It wouldn’t be an everyday epistle ending without a verse and a song. Didn’t think I’d forget, did you?
As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend. Proverbs 27:17 NLT
Bonus random fact: I missed my calling to be in a band. If I were in a band, I would very much like my band’s name to be as cool as Dragonette, here with Martin Solveig singing Hello (not the Lionel Richie version).