Hi. How you been?
My spring blogging break lasted longer than expected. Lots to tell you. Where to start?
Amy at Using Our Words writes a regular column of 10 things she’s learned each week. She’s the boss of this format, which I am not—and she’s funny, which I am occasionally. In homage to Amy, here’s my list of 10 things I learned while I wasn’t blogging.
- “Vacation” doesn’t capture the magic of a trip to Disney World. “Triathlon” would be closer.
- Sometimes the answer is as simple as giving the dog a new toy.
- There are a lot of mean people on the internet.
- Two and a half hours is a looong way to drive to the nearest Loft.
- Moms don’t exist until they’re on the phone, applying their makeup, or sneaking a nap at which time they’re indispensable and needed right away.
- When your stress level reaches a certain point, you can actually feel your axons and dendrites ache.
- Writing takes time. Writing well takes time and editing.
- Opportunity costs stink.
- Skype rocks.
- A good pair of khaki shorts never die.
Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance. 1 Corinthians 13:7 NLT
Something good this way comes.
Guess what? (No spoilers if you know what.)
Somehow, someway, we made it to spring break. Hallelujah!
Change is fast approaching. We got some things going on here. I hope to tell you more soon. For now, I’m taking some time off with my guys to regroup.
I’ll still be around, so it’s not like I’m going cold turkey.
It’s more like I’m going shrimp cocktail.
Yes, chilled shrimp cocktail with just enough fresh horseradish in the red sauce to stir the heart.
shrimp cocktail, photo credit vanhookc
Now that hits the spot.
See you on the other side of delicious.
Truly my soul finds rest in God; my salvation comes from Him. Psalm 62:1 NIV
Not for a Moment by Meredith Andrews. Beautiful, beautiful song.
Thank you for blessing me with your readership. Happy Spring Break!
photo credit: vanhookc via photopin cc
Hello. So nice of you to stop by. Sorry I missed you.
It’s spring break here in Wichita. I’m unplugging for a few days to spend time with the family.
God willing, I’ll be back on the blog next week. See you then.
Now go. Get out there and live the gift that is your life.
And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. 2 Corinthians 9:8 NIV
Learning to be the Light, a happy song for a happy spring, by Newworldson.